Ballard House
163 W. Main St., Spring Grove

The Ballard House, currently known as the Giants of the Earth Heritage Center, is a late 19th-century vernacular commercial building with modest Stick-style detailing. The original hotel was constructed in 1893, and an east wing addition was built sometime before March of 1895.

Bridge No. 6679
Minnesota State Hwy. 76, over South Fork of the Root River, Sheldon Twp.

1949 steel cantilever bridge, at 300 ft. (91 m) the longest in Minnesota upon completion, exemplifying a major post-war advancement in bridge design.

The Christian Bunge Jr. Store Museum
Iowa Ave. and Main St., Eitzen

Commerical building constructed in 1890 by stonemason Christian Krueger, for an early postmaster who named the town after his German birthplace. Krueger was paid $800 for his work. The building is made of solid stone quarried in the Winnebago Valley a few miles from Eitzen. The walls are 26 inches at the base and taper to 18 inches at the top. The museum is open by appointment.

Caledonia Commercial Historical District
101-205 E. Main and 101-108 S. Kingston, Caledonia

Brick commercial buildings with stone and metal trim (1872-1906) that served as area's business and retail center, anchored by 1902 Sprague Bank.

Daniel Cameron House
429-435 7th St., La Crescent

Italianate frame residence with cupola built in 1871 for prosperous farmer, property owner, and state senator.

The Church of the Holy Comforter, Episcopal
Main St., Brownsville

The Church of the Holy Comforter, Episcopal is located in Brownsville, Minnesota. The church, built in 1869 by Charles Brown, and under the auspices of Bishop Henry B. Whipple, is of unique Gothic-style, board and batten construction. It is considered a prime example of Prairie Architecture as used in a simple religious structure. The church was active until the 1920s when it closed because of declining membership. During the 1930s through the 1950s it served the Emanuel Lutherans of Brownsville. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1970. The Society purchased the building in 1973 and restored it in 1979-80 with the help of federal, state, and local funds. The restoration was formally dedicated on August 30, 1980. The museum is open by appointment.

Hokah Municipal Building
57 Main St., Hokah

Art deco-style, two-story reinforced concrete building built in 1938 through the Works Progress Administration (WPA).

Houston County Courthouse and Jail
302 S. Marhsall St., Caledonia

Romanesque stone courthouse (pictured; built 1883) and Italianate stone jail and sheriff's residence (built 1875) designed by Maybury, C.G. and Son.

Jefferson Grain Warehouse
Off Minnesota Hwy. 26, Jefferson Twp.

Rare Minnesota example of riverside limestone warehouse, built in 1868 to store grain awaiting shipment by steamboat.

Johnson Mill
Co. Rds 5 and 23, Winnebago Twp.

Water-powered frame flour and grist mill built in 1877 at crossroads for local wheat farmers.

Portland Prairie Methodist Episcopal Church
Off Minnesota Hwy. 76, Winnebago Twp.

Eastlake-style frame church built in 1876 by Mr. Tuttle, to serve Old Stock American settlers.

Schech Mill
Off Co. Rd. 10 (Beaver Creek Valley State Park), Caledonia, Twp.

Water-powered grist mill built of stone in 1875-76, containing original millstones and equipment for high-grinding milling.

Sprague Houses, David R. and Ellsworth A.
204 (pictured) and 224 W. Main, Caledonia

Georgian Revival brick residences built in 1900-05 for family of bankers who founded the county's first bank.

Williams, Spafford, Hotel
Main and Marshall St., Caledonia

Brick hotel with decorative wood trim built ca. 1870s.

Yucatan Fort
Black Hammer Twp.

Small earthwork complex of enclosure type, dating to late Precontact or early Contact Periods.